Ceremonial cacao is not just an ordinary chocolate drink, it is a 100% organic ancient drink that has been utilized for many centuries in a ritual setting.
A Cacao Ceremony is part of a tradition, culture, ritual and a way of connecting back to ancient ancestral practices of Mesoamerican civilizations like the Maya and Aztec.
Ceremonially prepared cacao helps to connect you with the deepest part of your heart. Cacao opens the heart and makes one more conscious of the physical world around us.
What is Ceremonial Cacao?
The difference between regular cacao and ceremonial cacao lies in the way it is processed. Ceremonial cacao is prepared in a traditional way. This is done by fermenting the cacao beans and then toasting them lightly before the husk is manually removed. The toasted cacao is ground into cacao paste. This practice has been in existence for centuries, it ensures high potency cacao with alkaloids preserved. Ceremonial cacao is made up of 100% cacao. No additive or other substance is added to the cacao paste. The result is a ceremonial cacao in its purest form.
Benefits of Ceremonial Cacao
- Opens your heart: One of the greatest benefits of cacao is that it opens your heart, helps you get rid of negative energy, and helps you to be more conscious of who you are.
- Serves as a detox for the liver: Cacao can help in cleansing and detoxifying the liver. This is another reason why ceremonial cacao can be good for your health.
- It is an energizer: Feeling weak or tired and need something to get your spirit high? Cacao serves as the boost you need when feeling weak or down.
- It is an antioxidant: Ceremonial cacao is loaded with active antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body cells from chemicals known as free radicals, which are harmful to the body. Ceremonial cacao is rich in antioxidants that help in preventing the body against diseases.
- Good for your memory & focus: Cacao is rich in magnesium which is good for the brain and memory. It also helps you to concentrate by calming your mind, increasing creativity and productivity.
- Improves your mood: Are you feeling sad, moody or having mood swings? Cacao has been known to significantly help improve your mood and overall well being by producing the feel-good chemicals that positively impact your mood and well-being.
- Cacao is a whole food: Ceremonial Cacao is a whole food made from 100% cacao, nourishing your body and soul. Ceremonial cacao can be taken as a whole meal.
- Perfect for Ketodiet: Experts recommend dark chocolate for ketogenic diets, and ceremonial cacao is made up of the same ingredient as chocolate. It contains healthy fat which is great for your keto journey.
What is a Cacao Ceremony?
It is a community of like-minded individuals coming together to meditate and rediscover themselves through the use of cacao, which is the drink for every cacao ceremonial gathering. The ceremonial space is often conducive to deep meditation, which enhances positive mood and self-reflection. The cacao ceremony is a ritual practiced for thousands of years. People often sit together in circles sing, chant and pray.
Ceremonial Cacao is your perfect drink during yoga, therapy sessions, events, meditation, cacao ceremonies, brainstorming sessions, working hours with colleagues at the office, and ecstatic dance parties!
How much you consume depends on your intention.
- 10-15g - For celebration
- 15-20g - For meditation
- 20-30g - For deeper practice
- Above 30g - Stronger ceremonial doses. Recommended only by experienced users, or by company of an experienced practitioner, as the effects can last up to 4-6 hours.